IMO Results 2017-18
The conducting body SOF (Science Olympiad Foundation) will announce IMO results 2017-18 soon after the completion of the International Mathematical Olympiad 2017 exam which is scheduled to be held on 5th and 14th of December 2017. As, Science Olympiad Foundation is a non-profit foundation which has organized International mathematical Olympiad which is conducted for all those candidates who want to know and check their ability inn Mathematics. So, after checking their IMO results they can get to know about their weakness in mathematics and can improve it soon.
After, the exam is completed all those candidates who have appeared in the SOF (Science Olympiad foundation) will be provided with a Student Performance Report (SPR). This Student Performance Report is a detailed analysis about how the candidates have attempted their 1st level Olympiad exam. This is provided to enable all the candidates to know and understand their abilities and their weak areas which they need to improve in absolute terms. After the results are declared all the qualified candidates can prepare themselves for the next level exam i.e. level 2.
The candidates can know the important dates and qualifying criteria related to the results:
- IMO exam – 5th and 14th December, 2017
- Result level 1 – January 2018 (tentatively)
- IMO level 2 exam – February 2018 (tentatively)
- Result level 2 – March 2018 (tentatively)
- Top 5% of the total candidates who have appeared for the exams will be selected class-wise and also will be qualified for level 2.
- Top 10 rankers will be selected on the basis of their State and Class wise performance.
- In case there are more than 10 candidates participating from a class and have scored 50% or more marks than class topper will be selected further.
- If two students scored the same marks then their ranks will be justified on the basis of their marks scored in their particular sections.
- If in case there is a tie between two or more candidates and they are of same section than their previous class marks will be considered to justify their rank.
- If more than one candidate obtains same marks under above stated both criteria than the same rank will be awarded to both the scoring candidates.
Download Here – IMO Results
The above given dates state the expected dates for the results to be declared. As, the International Mathematics Olympiad exam has been scheduled for 5th and 14th December, 2017 and after the conduction of exam now, IMO results are going to be announced by the conducting body. The candidates who will successfully qualify level 1 exam then only he/she will be eligible to appear in the IMO level 2 exam which is expected to be conducted February 2018. The candidates can check their results by visiting the official website or they can also check their results on their mobile phones through SMS facility. The specific Olympiad section wise priority is divided into 4 sections the first section is the Achiever’s section then the second section is Everyday Mathematics, third section is of Mathematical reasoning and the fourth section is of Logical Reasoning.
To Download IMO Results the candidate has to fill their roll number in the given format presented in the example. For e.g. – AN0001-04-001, where in place of AN0001 will be the school code of the candidates, in place of 04 will be their class number and in place of 001 will be their roll number. The candidates must make sure that they enter the same roll numbers which were allotted to them when they were registering themselves for the exam. After the results have appeared on their screen all the candidates are requested to take a copy of their downloaded result for further future communications. And to avoid the chance/situation of misplacement of the downloaded copy of the result the candidates can take 2-3 copies of their result.
Hope this article helped all the eligible candidates to know about their IMO results, exam, qualifying criteria and important dates related to International Mathematical Olympiad and many other important details. All the information given above in the article is updated and will help you in proceeding further after you have successfully scored rank in level 1. If any candidate wants to know more about the International Mathematical Olympiad then he/she can visit the official website or they can also go to Motachashma.com for further updates.